Careers - Business Data Analyst
Senior Manager, Data & Analytics
Work from home remote / 777 Bay Street, Suite 2400, Toronto, ON
Full Time Permanent
September 30, 2021
October 15, 2021
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Data & Analytics, this role transforms data into business insights; generating various types of reports and analysis to support informed-decision making by management and the automobile insurance industry. This position also supports the ongoing operation of information classification systems and related applications.
This role requires strong attention to detail as well as the ability to multitask in a complex environment, with an ability to build relationships and work collaboratively across departments and functions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop monthly/quarterly/ad-hoc dashboards and reports for internal and external use;
- Transform data from vetted sources and generate data visualizations to illustrate trends to empower management with data-driven decision making capabilities;
- Apply industry knowledge and strategic thinking, generate business insights for management and internal teams to address key business challenges;
- Support the implementation and ongoing operation of the Underwriting Information Plan (UIP), including communication with FA Member Companies, Committee Members and Service Providers;
- Assist in the preparation of presentation materials for various committees as needed;
- Proactively identify and analyze data collection approaches and make recommendations for new metrics, techniques, and strategies to improve data flow;
- Interpret market trends and patterns in data collection and recommend ways to improve data quality, integrity, and security; and
- Produce work of a high standard which is accurate and timely; and document all work product clearly and fully
- University degree in computer science, data engineering, actuarial science or equivalent with a focus on data management;
- Minimum 2 years work experience in the Property and Casualty insurance industry in Canada;
- Advanced knowledge of Tableau or related business intelligence platform;
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint);
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills with business intuition and strategic thinking;
- Intellectually curious who thrives on uncovering insights hidden in data and translate findings into business interpretations;
- Ability to communicate ideas and decisions clearly and effectively;
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and ability to work under tight deadlines;
- Strong interpersonal skills and a positive, team-oriented attitude; and
- Ability to be flexible, learn quickly and adapt to changes in technology and techniques
- Experience in all aspects of data analytics, including mining, generation, and visualization;
- Experience with large scale automobile insurance data analysis and/or management; and
- Experience in database management (VBA or SQL in particular)
Facility Association outsources its Human Resource functions to its sister organization, IBC.
Please send resume to:
Human Resources Department (HR)*
Contact: Azan Khan
Facility Association is committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Please be advised that only those applicants who are selected for interviews will be contacted.
*The Insurance Bureau of Canada (IBC) Human Resources Department provides HR services to Facility Association. Applicants should understand that the job associated with this posting is with the Facility Association, not the IBC.