Careers - Actuarial Analyst
Work from home remote / 777 Bay Street, Suite 2400, Toronto
December 14, 2021
January 14, 2022
About Facility Association
The Facility Association (“FA”) is an unincorporated non-profit organization established by the automobile insurance industry to ensure that automobile insurance is available to all owners and licensed drivers of motor vehicles where such owners or drivers are unable to obtain automobile insurance through the voluntary insurance market.
Additional information in relation to Facility Association is available on its website:
We are looking for exceptional talent to join our team as we expand our actuarial department and build on our unique position to serve the insurance industry and the Canadian public. FA is continually transforming to serve our stakeholders better and we want you to be a part of that journey. We offer career development opportunities with rotations between our different actuarial teams and a chance to become involved in a variety of projects in a challenging and flexible working environment where curious and adaptable people thrive. Are you interested in joining us?
About The Role
The FA actuarial team offers opportunities to work collaboratively in valuation, pricing and data analytics, and to work with stakeholders in the claims, underwriting and finance departments, as well as our member companies and external stakeholders.
As an actuarial analyst, you will:
- Contribute to analyses using actuarial data, (reserve valuation, financial projections, financial reporting, ad-hoc analysis, etc.), disclose relevant assumptions, observations and conclusions to the appropriate stakeholders within the established timelines.
- Maintain and improve actuarial databases and queries; reconcile data, identify data issues and propose actions to correct them.
- Create and update reports and exhibits on key business metrics to support decision-making, management reporting and communications with internal and external stakeholders.
- Conduct valuation analyses of claims liabilities and work with the valuation actuary to select appropriate IBNR provisions, payment patterns and loss ratio projections at a reserving segment level.
- Maintain documentation and risk controls throughout the actuarial processes and peer reviews.
- Develop presentation and/or communication materials for member committees, internal stakeholders, rating agencies, regulatory and industry presentations.
As an actuarial analyst, you demonstrate:
- University or college degree in actuarial science, mathematics, statistics or a related field
- 1+ years of experience in Property & Casualty insurance (preferably Canadian) related to reserving, valuation, pricing, capital modeling and/or data science
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of at least one programming language (SQL, SAS, VBA, Python, R, etc.)
- Experience using GISA/IBC data and exhibits (i.e. Canadian automobile insurance industry statistical data) is an asset
- Experience with Milliman Arius valuation software is an asset
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal/written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and with a team to contribute to the successful delivery of time-sensitive projects
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple deliverables
- Detail and deadline oriented
- 2+ CAS exams
- 2+ years of Canadian reserving experience is an asset
Please send resume to:
Contact: Azan Khan
This position qualifies under the Employee Referral Program. Facility Association is an equal opportunity employer.
Facility Association is committed to providing accommodation for people with disability. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Please be advised that only those applicants who are selected for interviews will be contacted.