Careers - Business Analyst
Hybrid model / 2235 Sheppard Avenue E / 777 Bay Street
Full Time, Permanent
March 14, 2023
March 28, 2023
Facility Association ensures the availability of automobile insurance to owners, lessees and licensed drivers of motor vehicles who are eligible. We are an unincorporated non-profit association of insurers. FA operates in Ontario, Alberta, Newfoundland and Labrador, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Yukon, Nunavut, and Northwest Territories. Every insurer licensed to write automobile liability insurance in these jurisdictions is a member of Facility Association. The affairs and business of FA is managed and controlled by a Board of Directors with authority Canada-wide. The President and CEO is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the organization and management of staff.
Further detail is available, https://www.facilityassociation.com/
Reporting to the VP, IT, the Business Analyst will be a technology partner to the business and will be responsible for engaging business teams to define needs and requirements. The Business Analyst will work with technology teams to ensure requirements are met and system solutions deliver business benefits. The role will be a key member of the delivery team and will be heavily involved throughout analysis, development, testing and deployment of solutions. The Business Analyst will continuously learn the business through ongoing engagement and training.
About The Role
We are looking for an exceptional talent to join our team. Reporting to the Director, Corporate Actuarial, the Actuarial Manager, Valuation is a confident individual who is able to manage a team of Consultants and Analysts responsible for estimating the insurance contract liabilities and other expenses for Facility Association Residual Market (FARM), Risk Sharing Pools (RSPs), Uninsured Automobile Funds (UAF), as well as analyzing and selecting claims trends, and communicating results of valuation analysis with key stakeholders such as FA management and members, while following all company and regulatory standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Stay current on the latest insurance processes and related IT advancements to automate, modernize and innovate business capabilities
- Work with Business and IT stakeholders to plan and conduct sessions where business requirements are elicited and reviewed
- Fully understand business issues and objectives. Work with business and IT teams to explore innovative and cost effective solutions
- Prepare business/system requirements and solution documents (e.g., use cases, user stories, process flows, business rules, screen mock-ups, etc.)
- Participate in system design and demos to ensure business requirements and needs are being met
- As required - Develop test strategy and plans for projects. Participate in the planning, execution and documenting results of functional testing
- As required - Assist in the development and delivery of training for end users in new applications and business processes
- As required - Perform project management working independently or in conjunction with an outsourced or vendor project manager
- Perform other department duties as required
Experience and Qualifications:
- University degree in computer science. business, engineering or equivalent fields
- At least 4 years of Business Analyst work experience in the P&C insurance industry in Canada
- Proficient in P&C insurance industry operations, processes, and business terminology
- Ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine solutions
- Experience writing traceable business and functional requirements documents including user stories
- Demonstrated knowledge of SDLC and agile methodologies
- SQL Query experience
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills
- A history of leading and supporting successful projects
- Ability to communicate ideas and decisions clearly and effectively, with particular emphasis on strong written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and a positive, team-oriented attitude
- Ability to be flexible, learn quickly and adapt to changes in technology and techniques; and
- Strong knowledge of Jira and Microsoft Office software (Excel; Access; Word; PowerPoint, Visio)
- Experience in presenting to a variety of audiences with the ability to communicate complex technical information in a clear and concise manner
- Technology transformation projects involvement
- Experience in business system change processes and project management
- Ability to work well under pressure with competing deadlines
- Experience in Property and Casualty insurance in Canada, and experience with Automobile insurance
Please send resume to:
This position qualifies under the FA Employee Referral Program.
Facility Association is committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
FA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Alongside a commitment to excellence, FA is also committed to building a diverse working environment with hiring practices that encourage diversity in all its forms, including race, gender, sexual orientation, religion and ethnicity, among others.
Please be advised that only those applicants who are selected for interviews will be contacted.