Careers - Claims Analyst
Director of Claims
Partial Remote / 2235 Sheppard Avenue E / 777 Bay Street
May 3, 2022
May 31, 2022
About Facility Association
The Facility Association (“FA”) is an unincorporated non-profit organization established by the automobile insurance industry to ensure that automobile insurance is available to all owners and licensed drivers of motor vehicles where such owners or drivers are unable to obtain automobile insurance through the voluntary insurance market.
Additional information in relation to Facility Association is available on its website:
We are looking for exceptional talent to join our team as we expand the Underwriting, Claims and Operations department and continue to build on our unique position to serve the insurance industry and the Canadian public. FA is continually transforming to serve our stakeholders better and we invite all persons who are passionate about insurance to apply for the position as a Senior Underwriting Analyst.
The primary objective of the Claims Team at Facility Association is to oversee many functions including Large Loss Claims, Run-Off Claims, the Uninsured Automobile Fund and Judgement Recoveries.
Reporting to the Director of Claims, the successful candidate will support the daily operations of the Claims Team as required. In addition to supporting the execution of projects and key tasks, the position will support the Senior Claims Analyst in the maintenance of various claim types.
The Claims Analyst will act as a resource to internal and external stakeholders, by supporting the analysis of relevant data on the Facility Association Residual Market mechanism and Risk Sharing Pools. A strong understanding and proficiency in using MS Excel and knowledge of MS Access are required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with team members to develop and execute annual planning.
- Provide support to review and maintain the Claims Guides, Forms and Internal procedures.
- Maintain the Claims Database including preparing reports (standard and ad hoc).
- Provide detailed analysis identifying trends and risk exposures.
- Manage the filing of all documentation including claim files, incident reports and correspondence ensuring confidentiality and security of information storage and handling.
- Conduct regular updates to files ensuring they are current with liability information, reserves, payments etc. to ensure financial data is current.
- Responsible for preparing and analyzing financial and claims reports, and all financial information associated with claims management including reconciling reserves and payments.
- Monitor outsourced claims to ensure quality assurance and excellent client service is achieved.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the claims mailbox and incoming emails.
- Ensure timely preparation and issuance of claims payments.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports for various stakeholders and senior management as required.
- Prepare agenda and material for the Claims Committee meetings.
- Lead key projects and work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Liaise with Risk Sharing Pool Members and Servicing Carriers as required.
- Respond to inquiries from the general public, project managers, claimants, contractors, insurers/adjusters, lawyers etc.
- Foster business relationships with external stakeholders and staff.
- Must be able to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned, in accordance with job responsibilities or necessary departmental/ corporate objectives.
- Minimum of 5 years automobile claims experience.
- Working knowledge of the automobile insurance regulatory environments in all the provinces and territories FA operates in.
- Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) Designation, or Fellows Chartered Insurance Professional (FCIP), or actively working towards completion.
- Canadian Risk Manager (CRM) Designation is an asset.
- Undergraduate Degree or Post-Secondary Diploma.
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Office and SharePoint.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Access and Excel, including prior experience creating pivot tables/forms.
- Claims administration knowledge and experience is an asset.
- Excellent communication skills, time management and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work successfully within cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated track record in meeting deadlines, effectively working on multiple tasks under time constraints.
- Possess a creative, inquiring approach to problem solving.
- Detailed oriented.
- Strong business ethics for handling business-sensitive or confidential information.
- Proven ability to make independent judgements.
Facility Association outsources its Human Resource functions to its sister organization, IBC.
Please send resume to:
Human Resources Department (HR)*
Contact: Azan Khan
This position qualifies under the Employee Referral Program. Facility Association is an equal opportunity employer.
Facility Association is committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Please be advised that only those applicants who are selected for interviews will be contacted.