Careers - Senior Compliance Auditor
Remote / 2235 Sheppard Avenue East, Atria II, Suite 500 Toronto, ON
May 18, 2023
Posting to remain up until position filled
About Facility Association
Facility Association ensures the availability of automobile insurance to owners, lessees and licensed drivers of motor vehicles who are eligible. We are an unincorporated non-profit association of insurers. FA operates in Ontario, Alberta, Newfoundland and Labrador, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Yukon, Nunavut, and Northwest Territories. Every insurer licensed to write automobile liability insurance in these jurisdictions is a member of Facility Association. The affairs and business of FA is managed and controlled by a Board of Directors with authority Canada-wide. The President and CEO is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the organization and management of staff.
Additional information in relation to Facility Association is available on its website: https://www.facilityassociation.com/
About the Role:
Reporting to the Manager, Compliance, the Senior Compliance Auditor will work with a team of compliance auditors and deliver on the planning and execution of the annual Audit Plan.
- Act as auditor and/or Auditor-in-charge (AIC) on assigned audits (AIC duties include, but are not limited to, audit planning, liaison with Member staff, documentation and reporting, follow-ups).
- Evaluate audit sample items in accordance with the department guidelines and applicable guides, legislation and regulations (as applicable).
- Collaborate internally within the Compliance team and potentially other departments within FA regarding any anomalies detected during the course of the audit.
- Collect sufficient audit evidence and documentation to support conclusions reached.
- Manage assigned audit deliverables including workflow, timely and accurate reporting and a focus on continuous improvement.
- Help the Manager develop more junior members of the team (ex. technical training, working paper review, answer questions and help resolve issues).
- Lead and participate in Special Projects as assigned.
- Perform other department duties as assigned.
- Minimum 7 years automobile claims adjusting experience in Bodily Injury and/or Accident Benefits.
- Strong knowledge of the automobile insurance regulatory environments in all the provinces and territories where FA operates.
- Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) Designation or Fellow Chartered Insurance Professional (FCIP) Designation.
- Undergraduate Degree or Post-Secondary Diploma.
- Certified Risk Manager (CRM) Designation is an asset.
- CIA designation / willingness to pursue CIA or other professional audit designation an asset.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office, Access, Excel and SharePoint.
- Experience in Tableau is an asset.
- Experience with audit software an asset (e.g. TeamMate, Diligent).
- Demonstrated record of accomplishment in working virtually, meeting deadlines and effectively working on multiple tasks under time constraints.
- Proven ability to make independent judgements.
- Ability to work independently and with a team to contribute to the successful delivery of time-sensitive audits and/or projects, effectively working on multiple tasks, and meeting deadlines.
- Possess a creative, inquiring approach to problem solving.
- Excellent communication, presentation, time management, detail-oriented and organization skills.
- Proactive, self-motivated and goal-oriented by nature.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work successfully within cross-functional teams.
- Strong business ethics for handling business-sensitive or confidential information.
- Ability to work remotely from home (ex. home internet, workspace, etc.) with attendance in office (hybrid model) and/or travel to member site as required.
Please send resume to:
This position qualifies under the FA Employee Referral Program.
Facility Association is committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
FA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Alongside a commitment to excellence, FA is also committed to building a diverse working environment with hiring practices that encourage diversity in all its forms, including race, gender, sexual orientation, religion and ethnicity, among others.
Please be advised that only those applicants who are selected for interviews will be contacted.