Careers - ERM Analyst
VP Actuarial & CRO
Remote / 2235 Sheppard Avenue E / 777 Bay Street
Full Time, Permanent
February 3, 2023
February 28, 2023
About Facility Association
The Facility Association (“FA”) is an unincorporated non-profit organization established by the automobile insurance industry to ensure that automobile insurance is available to all owners and licensed drivers of motor vehicles where such owners or drivers are unable to obtain automobile insurance through the voluntary insurance market.
Additional information in relation to Facility Association is available on its website:
We are looking for exceptional talent to join our team as we expand the Underwriting, Claims and Operations department and continue to build on our unique position to serve the insurance industry and the Canadian public. FA is continually transforming to serve our stakeholders better and we invite all persons who are passionate about insurance to apply for the position as a Senior Underwriting Analyst.
Facility Association is an unincorporated non-profit association of insurers. FA operates in Yukon, Nunavut, Northwest Territories, Alberta, Ontario, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island and Newfoundland and Labrador. Every insurer licensed to write automobile liability insurance in these jurisdictions is a member of Facility Association. The affairs and business of FA is managed and controlled by a Board of Directors with authority Canada-wide. The President and CEO is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the organization and management of staff.
Further detail is available, https://www.facilityassociation.com
Our Purpose is to ensure the availability of automobile insurance to owners, lessees and licensed drivers of motor vehicles who are eligible.
To deliver on our Purpose through the efficient administration of automobile insurance residual market mechanisms; and by providing valued information to our members. Facility Association strives to enhance market stability through minimizing our market presence and impact, in an effort to provide consumers with the benefits of a healthy and competitive standard insurance market.
About the Role:
Reporting to the VP Actuarial & CRO, the ERM Analyst will support the overall Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Framework delivery and operations. The position supports FA’s ability to achieve its strategic priorities and objectives by enabling risk-informed decision-making.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains risk dashboards and produces key reporting deliverables on a quarterly and as needed basis, demonstrating ability to present data and analysis in clear and concise manner to senior management and key stakeholders.
- Works with Risk Owners and other individuals within the organization to identify, manage and gather data on a timely basis for key risk indicators to help inform better decision making.
- Assists in the identification and maintenance of risks and their associated mitigation plans on a quarterly basis.
- Assists in the facilitation, planning and scheduling of risk workshops with internal (risk owners) and external (Board, Regulators, etc.) stakeholders.
- Assists in ensuring the program is meeting its key milestone dates for FA’s annual attestation.
- Contributes to the identification of emerging risks and trends on FA’s watch on a quarterly and as needed basis.
- Fosters positive business relationships with external stakeholders and staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned, in accordance with job responsibilities or necessary departmental/ corporate objectives.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Finance, Statistics, or related field.
- Up to two (2) years of relevant experience; insurance experience is considered an asset.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Visio, Word, PowerPoint).
- Experience in data analysis is an asset.
- Excellent communication skills, time management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated track record in meeting deadlines, effectively working on multiple tasks under time constraints.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work successfully within cross-functional teams.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure, including time constraints, negotiations and competing priorities.
- Ability to exercise discretion when handling confidential and sensitive information.
- Demonstrated desire to learn and apply learning on-the-job.
Please send resume to:
This position qualifies under the Employee Referral Program. Facility Association is an equal opportunity employer.
Facility Association is committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Please be advised that only those applicants who are selected for interviews will be contacted.
FA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Alongside a commitment to excellence, FA is also committed to building a diverse working environment with hiring practices that encourage diversity in all its forms, including race, gender, sexual orientation, religion and ethnicity, among others.