Careers - Manager, Compliance
Hybrid / 2235 Sheppard Avenue East, Atria II, Suite 500 Toronto, ON
September 13, 2023
Open until filled
Facility Association (“FA”) is an unincorporated non-profit association of insurers. FA operates in Yukon, Nunavut, North West Territories, Alberta, Ontario, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island and Newfoundland and Labrador. Every insurer licensed to write automobile liability insurance in these jurisdictions is a member of FA. The affairs and business of FA is managed and controlled by a Board of Directors with authority Canada-wide. The President and CEO is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the organization and management of staff.
Facility Association ensures the availability of automobile insurance to owners, lessees and licensed drivers of motor vehicles who are eligible.
To deliver on our Purpose through the efficient administration of automobile insurance residual market mechanisms; and by providing valued information to our members. Facility Association strives to enhance market stability through minimizing our market presence and impact, in an effort to provide consumers with the benefits of a healthy and competitive standard insurance market.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Director, Compliance, the Manager, Compliance, will support Second Line of Defense initiatives at FA.
- Manage the day-to-day Compliance monitoring and related reporting function.
- Establish and embed a structured process to ensure regulatory compliance across the organization.
- Develop and deliver training to increase awareness and act as a subject matter on initiatives related to Regulatory Compliance.
- Manage FA’s internal control process including a) the assessment of changes in controls and remediation plans; b) the quarterly attestation of controls by senior management; c) the liaison to external auditors and d) reporting of results.
- Review incidents of non-compliance and provide guidance on corrective actions or risk mitigation.
- Lead compliance assessment over the Third Party Risk Management process and work with ERM (Enterprise Risk Management) to ensure risks are appropriately mitigated.
- Act as a liaison for all internal and external reviews of FA’s compliance programs and co-ordinate examinations from external bodies, managing regulatory and audit requests.
- Lead and participate in Special Projects as assigned.
- 5 years of relevant experience in corporate compliance.
- Understanding of the Three Lines of Defense model.
- Undergraduate Degree or Post-Secondary Diploma or equivalent experience.
- Experience in dealing professionally with regulators, auditors and other third parties.
- Experience in the insurance or financial services industry is an asset.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office, Excel and SharePoint and any GRC (Governance, Risk, Compliance) tool
- Demonstrated record of accomplishment in working virtually, meeting deadlines and effectively working on multiple tasks under time constraints.
- Excellent communication, presentation, time management, detail-oriented and organization skills.
- Proactive, self-motivated and goal-oriented by nature.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work successfully within cross-functional teams.
Please send resume to:
This position qualifies under the FA Employee Referral Program.
Facility Association is committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Please be advised that only those applicants who are selected for interviews will be contacted.
FA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Alongside a commitment to excellence, FA is also committed to building a diverse working environment with hiring practices that encourage diversity in all its forms, including race, gender, sexual orientation, religion and ethnicity, among others.