Careers - Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis
VP Finance, Compliance & CFO
777 Bay Street, Suite 2400
April 29, 2021
May 10, 2021
Facility Association is an unincorporated non-profit association of insurers. FA operates in Yukon, Nunavut, Northwest Territories, Alberta, Ontario, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island and Newfoundland and Labrador. Every insurer licensed to write automobile liability insurance in these jurisdictions is a member of Facility Association. The affairs and business of FA is managed and controlled by a Board of Directors with authority Canada-wide. The President and CEO is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the organization and management of staff.
Facility Association ensures the availability of automobile insurance to owners, lessees and licensed drivers of motor vehicles who are eligible.
To deliver on our Purpose through the efficient administration of automobile insurance residual market mechanisms; and by providing valued information to our members. Facility Association strives to enhance market stability through minimizing our market presence and impact, in an effort to provide consumers with the benefits of a healthy and competitive standard insurance market.
About the Role:
Reporting to the CFO, the Manager, FP&A is responsible for driving team performance with the objective to maximize efficiency, accuracy and timeliness of the department's finance projects, forecasting and budgeting for the Facility Association mechanisms.
- Oversee and manage the day-to-day accounting functions of the direct reports including, but not limited to: special projects, budgeting and forecasting
- Analyse financial data and key performance metrics to support decision-making, management reporting and communications with internal and external stakeholders
- Present monthly financial results and projections to the Senior Leadership team, noting trends and key watch items and impacts
- Present the Balanced Scorecard metrics to the Senior Leadership team, co-ordinating metrics across different areas and provide insight into trends, drivers and levers
- Liaise with member companies and servicing carriers to gain insight into their usage of the FA mechanisms and review impact of changes against projections and outlooks
- Own the monthly communications to members on financial information and bulletins
- Manage the annual budgeting process for all departments and track and monitor variances each month
- Work with other departments to review impact of projects/initiatives and monitor spend against approved budgets
- Work with the actuarial departments to review key performance indicators and implement changes to forecasts or projections based on observation of trends
- Work with the Data and Analytics department to support any needs for Member Reports
- Responsible for the workflow, timely and accurate reporting of financial information released from the department
- Continued focus on current practices and improving system efficiencies
- Review and implement controls in department to ensure accuracy of numbers
- Provide training to new and existing staff as required
- Supports and / or owns special projects, and responds to inquiries from all departments regarding financial results
- Perform other department duties as assigned for finance
- Professional Accounting designation required (CPA)
- At least 7 years of related work experience in accounting and/or forecasting and budgeting. P&C experience considered an asset
- At least 2 to 3 years of proven experience in team management
- Strong leadership skills with a dedication to driving and achieving results
- Ability to work independently and with a team to contribute to the successful delivery of time-sensitive projects, effectively working on multiple tasks, and meeting deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities
- Strong problem-solving skills, excellent time management and organizational skills
- Proficiency in MS office and other reporting tools (eg VIVID, Business Objects, Tableau)
Facility Association outsources its Human Resource functions to its sister organization, IBC.
Please send resume to:
Human Resources Department (HR)*
Contact: Azan Khan
Facility Association is committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Please be advised that only those applicants who are selected for interviews will be contacted.
* The Human Resources Department of Insurance Bureau of Canada (IBC), provides HR services to Facility Association