Careers - Senior Business Analyst, Member Data & Reporting
VP, Data & Analytics
777 Bay Street, Suite 2400, Toronto, ON
September 7, 2021
September 27, 2021
Facility Association ensures the availability of automobile insurance to owners, lessees and licensed drivers of motor vehicles who are eligible. We are an unincorporated non-profit association of insurers. FA operates in Ontario, Alberta, Newfoundland and Labrador, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Yukon, Nunavut, and Northwest Territories. Every insurer licensed to write automobile liability insurance in these jurisdictions is a member of Facility Association. The affairs and business of FA is managed and controlled by a Board of Directors with authority Canada-wide. The President and CEO is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the organization and management of staff.
Further detail is available, https://www.facilityassociation.com/
Reporting to the VP, Data & Analytics, the Senior Business Analyst will be required to serve as the Member Services "Team Lead" to liaise, coordinate and manage collaborative process with respect to the processing of Facility Association (FA) Residual Market, Risk Sharing Pools, and Uninsured Automobile Funds business, with the objectives of maximizing efficiency, accuracy and timeliness of the unit’s reporting requirements.
This role will also oversee FA internal Member data processes and manage FA’s IT system project portfolio, managing project development and implementation for FA, prioritizing initiatives based on business needs and requirements, and monitoring performance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicate and collaborate with FA’s data & IT service provider to analyze information needs and functional requirements with regards to Facility Association business rules;
- Understanding business system change needs, assessing the business impact of those changes, capturing, analyzing and documenting requirements, and supporting the communication and delivery of requirements with Facility Association stakeholders;
- Resolving issues and data reporting problems with Members and stakeholders in line with member agreements and the Facility Association Plan of Operation;
- Managing IT system project requirements, developing project plans, monitoring deliverables and ensuring timely completion of projects, prioritizing initiatives based on business needs and requirements, and monitoring performance;
- Maintaining a control process for the internal review of the member participation and operational reports (Facility Association Residual Market, Risk Sharing Pools, and Uninsured Automobile Funds) prior to release to Members;
- Creating, overseeing and verifying all testing for FA Residual Market, Risk Sharing Pools, and Uninsured Automobile Fund Systems, and ensuring timely completion;
- Responsible for ensuring the accuracy of members' share ratios and annual update prior to release to Members;
- Supervise and oversee the management of FA operational databases, and providing quality data analysis to internal groups, Members and stakeholders; developing and applying various processes, key performance metrics, and exception reports to access data quality and identify means of fixing data as needed;
- Building solid relationships with Members to promote data quality awareness through data quality consultation, analytical support and communication strategies;
- Updating the Risk Sharing Pool Procedures Manual as required;
- Working in a team environment to improve efficiencies both within internal and with external reporting companies;
- Supporting the initiation and execution of operational and strategic initiatives as required;
- Documenting all work product clearly and fully; and
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned
Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in business analyst role with a Property and Casualty insurer in Canada, and;
- University degree in related field;
- Ability to liaise, coordinate and manage collaborative process with industry stakeholders and other internal departments;
- Ability to communicate ideas and decisions clearly and effectively, with particular emphasis on strong written communication skills;
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure, including time constraints, negotiations and competing priorities;
- Ability to analyze data and member/ stakeholder issues, and respond with potential solutions;
- Strong interpersonal skills and a positive, team-oriented attitude;
- Ability to be flexible, learn quickly and adapt to changes in technology and techniques; and
- Knowledge of mainframe and PC computer applications – Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with large scale Automobile insurance data analysis and/or management;
- Proven ability in project management, PMP an asset;
- Experience in business system change processes;
- Experience in all aspects of data analytics, including mining, generation, and visualization;
- Experience in database management (VBA or SQL in particular); and
- Experience using GISA/IBC data and exhibits (i.e. Canadian automobile insurance industry statistical data).
Facility Association outsources its Human Resource functions to its sister organization, IBC.
Please send resume to:
Human Resources Department (HR)*
Contact: Azan Khan
Facility Association is committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Please be advised that only those applicants who are selected for interviews will be contacted.
* The Human Resources Department of Insurance Bureau of Canada (IBC), provides HR services to Facility Association